Information Collection and Use
Personal Information: In general, We only collect personal information voluntarily provided by You, when You are:
- Registering on to the Website;
- Subscribing to The Star ePaper;
- Making inquiries about the services of The Star epaper; or
- Contacting http://www.thestarepaper.co.ke (including the customer service representatives or other employees) by email.
In connection with these activities, We may collect personal information from You; including, but not limited to, your name, postal address, e-mail address, username, password, whether or not You are a member of the Website, telephone number, fax number, company name, title, tax jurisdiction, credit card number and credit card expiration date.
Non-personal information: As a part of the standard operation of the Website, We may collect certain non-personal information from You including, but not limited to, your browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, IP address and the domain name from which You accessed the Website.
In addition, We may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time You visit the Website, the areas or pages of the Website that You visit, the amount of time You spend viewing the Website, the number of times You return to the Website and other click-stream data. We analyze the information to examine trends, administer the Website, track user’s movement in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected from You for any of the following purposes:
- to facilitate your use of the Website and for better understanding of needs of the subscribers;
- to process and fulfill your orders for certain services;
- to respond to your inquiries or requests for information about the services;
- to send You information, promotional materials, and offers from The Flip Experts as well as from the subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contact visitors of the Website when necessary;
- to help You address your problems with the Website;
- for proper administering of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews of the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- to protect the integrity of the Website.
Non-personal information will be used for these purposes as well to monitor the Website and provide a greater online experience for the visitors.
Disclosure of Information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about You with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide the services You have requested. When We have your permission, or under the following circumstances, We may transfer or otherwise disclose information collected from You to the following entities for the following purposes:
- to the employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers and suppliers of The Star ePaper, if the disclosure will enable that entity to provide The Star ePaper with business, professional, or technical support.
- to the employees, independent contractors, service providers and suppliers of The Star ePaper to fulfill your service request;
- to the trusted partners who work on behalf of or with The Star ePaper under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help The Star ePaper communicate with You about offers from The Star ePaper and the marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information;
- to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, as otherwise required by law.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access of personal information about You only to employees who We believe reasonably need to provide services to You or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with legal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure correct usage of information, We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
Third Party website